Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Our inspirational assistance for trying times

UC Davis Chancellor Linda P.B. Katehi apologized Thursday for mistakes she and her staff made during her seven-year tenure and committed to setting up oversight committees to avoid future missteps.
“There will be mistakes. There will be controversy. There will be critiques,” she said. “I have to tell you, I’m a human being. You know I have made mistakes and probably I will make more. And what I can promise you is not that I will not make another mistake, I will promise you that I will try not to.”
Katehi, 62, met Thursday with The Sacramento Bee’s editorial board and reporters after a series of Bee articles described her paid positions on corporate boards and UC Davis’ hiring of consultants to cleanse the school’s online reputation after the 2011 pepper spraying of students.
Katehi said she has no plans to leave despite calls from eight state lawmakers to resign...

No comments: